What To Do
Experience The West Nile’s Wonders
Engage in captivating activities, from storytelling to exploring historical treasures, and immerse yourself in the essence of this remarkable region. Below you will find some of our travelers’ favorite ways to experience the region, along with a few suggestions of where to enjoy for yourself
- Arua Cultural Center – Engage with local storytellers at the Arua Cultural Center, where passionate narrators share captivating tales of Arua’s rich history, legends, and cultural heritage.
- Nebbi Town – Explore the town of Nebbi, where you can connect with residents who love to share their stories and anecdotes about the town’s history and traditions.
- Pakwach – Experience the tranquility of the West Nile landscapes with camping adventures in Pakwach, offering campsites near the banks of the Albert Nile for a serene and immersive outdoor experience.
- St. Joseph’s Cathedral, Arua – Participate in religious rituals and services at the magnificent St. Joseph’s Cathedral, a spiritual hub where you can witness and engage in Catholic ceremonies.
- Emmanuel Cathedral – Visit Emmanuel Cathedral, another significant religious site in Arua, to experience the local Christian faith through worship services and community events.
- Biku Hill and Biku Chapel (the smallest church in the world) – Discover the unique spiritual ambiance of Biku Chapel, renowned as the world’s smallest church, atop Biku Hill. This quaint and remarkable place of worship offers an intimate and spiritual experience in the heart of West Nile.
- Koboko Cultural Tour – Immerse yourself in the rich history and culture of Koboko with knowledgeable local guides who will take you on a tour of historical sites, cultural landmarks, and introduce you to the welcoming communities.
- Arua City Guided Exploration – Discover Arua City’s historical and cultural gems through guided tours that offer insights into the city’s growth, traditions, and landmarks.
- Dufile Fort – Explore the well-preserved Dufile Fort, a historical site that dates back to the colonial era. Learn about its significance in the region’s history and its role during past conflicts.
- Kotilo Sacred Forest – Delve into the ancient traditions and historical significance of Kotilo Sacred Forest, where you can take guided tours to understand its cultural importance.
- Wadelai Fort – Step into the storied Wadelai Fort, a relic from the colonial era, and uncover the rich history of this strategic outpost and its role in shaping the region’s past.
- Salia Musala – Experience the unique thrill of standing at the convergence point of three nations—Uganda, South Sudan, and the Democratic Republic of Congo—at Salia Musala, an adventurous border exploration destination.
- Elegu Border Post – Visit Elegu Border Post, where you can witness the bustling cross-border activities and interact with locals from different countries, offering a unique cultural experience.
- Otze Forest Reserve – Join photography tours in the Otze Forest Reserve to capture the stunning flora and fauna of this biodiverse area. Experienced guides will help you frame the perfect shot.
- Ajai Game Reserve – Enjoy a photo tour in the scenic Ajai Game Reserve, where you can capture stunning images of the diverse wildlife and landscapes. Experienced guides will help you frame the perfect shot, allowing you to create lasting memories of your journey through this pristine natural habitat.
Boating on the Nile
Are you ready to travel?
Tailor Your West Nile Adventure with Miombo Safaris
Ready to create your own unique journey through the West Nile region and the rest of Uganda? Let Miombo Safaris craft a custom tour that combines your favorite experiences, ensuring an unforgettable adventure that aligns perfectly with your interests.