Obongi – The Refuge & The Sanctuary
Found amidst the majestic River Nile in the heart of the West Nile region, Opi Island beckons you to embark on an extraordinary journey.
With its rich tapestry of diverse flora and fauna, this enchanting island is a sanctuary for nature enthusiasts and wildlife aficionados, boasting captivating inhabitants like the Black and White Colobus monkeys.
Yet, Opi Island’s allure extends beyond its natural beauty; it holds profound historical significance as a former refuge for the Madi people during tumultuous times. For that reason, we like to refer to this district as “The Refuge & The Sanctuary.”
Opi Island's Wonders
Must-Visit Sites in Obongi
- Hiking adventures with four stunning viewpoints.
- Wildlife spotting and bird watching.
- Cultural interactions with the Madi people.
- Riverside picnics and relaxation.
- Photography at Opi island
- Boat rides on the River Nile